Non-entrepreneurs think money is entrepreneurs’ main motivation, but truly successful entrepreneurs see money only as a means to gain greater freedom. In this episode, Dan Sullivan and Shannon Waller discuss the significant difference between having “freedom from” and “freedom to,” and why entrepreneurs should strive for both.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why most entrepreneurs never work on becoming who they want to be in the marketplace.
- The real payoff of being an entrepreneur.
- Why some entrepreneurs treat their team members like servants.
- The breakthrough that allows entrepreneurs to engage in the most valuable teamwork.
- The difference between being in control and being in charge.
- Gaining freedom from: When entrepreneurs enter the marketplace on their own, they gain freedom from employment.
- No further: The vast majority of entrepreneurs don’t go any further than creating a job where they’re the boss.
- Limiting mindset: The mindset that some entrepreneurs develop as part of their lifetime approach is, “Nobody’s going to tell me what to do.”
- Proper use: The proper use of teamwork is to create something new that’s exponentially bigger than you could have created on your own.
- Nothing except: Entrepreneurs can arrange things so that they’re freed up from doing anything that isn’t among their unique capabilities.