With so many different things vying for our attention nowadays, not everyone seems able to give someone their full attention in conversation, and this can lead to having weaker relationships and even missing out on opportunities. In this episode, Dan Sullivan and Shannon Waller discuss the value of one’s attention, and how people can protect their attention now and in the future.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn in this episode:
- The greatest types of relationships.
- Which technological breakthroughs make it hard for people to focus their attention.
- How big issues in the coming years will relate to your attention.
- The mindset you need to protect your attention.
- How you can increase the value of your attention.
- Favorite people: Our favorite people are those who pay attention to us when we’re talking to them.
- Transformative attention: It has a transformative impact on us when we have someone’s full attention.
- Can’t collaborate: If someone can’t give you their attention, you can’t create and collaborate with them.
- Only one thing: The human brain can only focus on one thing at a time.
- Always create: When two people are giving each other their full attention, they always create something new.
- Ability to focus: People’s ability to focus on their goals and relationships comes down to how much they see their attention as their property.