People can change.
The stories here are a testament to that. They are proof that by doing something different and making an investment in yourself, you can dramatically alter the course of your life.
When these two entrepreneurs joined The Strategic Coach Program, we asked if they were interested in doing something a little different. We asked if we could follow them on their journeys, workshop to workshop, for a first-hand look at their experiences.
Meet Scott Proposki and Shawn Shepheard. Below are their documented stories after Year 2 of the Program, pulling back the curtain on what it really feels like to be part of the Strategic Coach community.
Entrepreneurs are a breed all their own, and we've got the tips you need to use that unique DNA to your advantage. Download our Starter Kit, a comprehensive collection of resources that will tell you all about The Strategic Coach® Program and how it can change your life in exciting new ways.
Scott Proposki — Coaching Support Network
“I remember walking into the Program and wondering if it was for me. I always think back on that day—I don’t know what I would’ve done if I didn’t join.”
Company: Photos In A Minute, Lawrence, MA
In his words:
- One of the first things we were asked in our first workshop was, “Three years from today, what has to have happened for you to be happy?” And just by asking myself that question, I was able to achieve everything on my list in half the time.
- I’m having conversations I could never have imagined having three years ago because I didn’t have the confidence or knowledge to know that I had a team behind me that was pushing me on to larger opportunities.
- I was delivering a sales presentation to one of the top companies in New York City and I’ll never forget the feeling of realizing they were more intrigued by how I run my life, personally and professionally, than what I was actually pitching to them.
- On his mindset shift: I feel like I’m just getting started. The first 50 years of my life were just practice and now it’s really about the next 70.
If you’re ready to create change in your life instead of just thinking about it, Strategic Coach is ready for you. Find our upcoming workshops here.
Shawn Shepheard — Noteworthy Growth
“Through Strategic Coach, I’ve built a community that doesn’t translate into words. It goes way beyond business—everyone should have a community like this.”
Company: Shawn Shepheard: Coach, Speaker, And Author, Pickering, ON
Industry: Coaching and Training
In his words:
- Strategic Coach taught me to “own” my schedule. Before, I had no idea where my time was going. I was married to my phone, my email, because I thought that’s what entrepreneurial life was. That’s what everybody tells you. I know now that when I take time away from my business, not only does my world not end, but my business and my relationships grow as a result.
- For the first time, I went on a real 14-day vacation without my phone. I’ve never gone on a vacation before where I wasn’t secretly checking my email. For me, that was huge.
- Connecting with my purpose and homing in on that, that’s actually been where I’ve had the most explosive growth in my business.
- On his mindset shift: I’ve been reminded of what I really want in life. It’s not just about wanting more revenue, but about my health and relationships. Strategic Coach changes your mindset, and I’m finally committing to those things.
There’s no question how much of an impact Strategic Coach has had on Scott and Shawn’s lives. The Program has freed them up to realize why they’ve committed to an entrepreneurial lifestyle.
But what’s just as interesting is how closely aligned Scott and Shawn are in their transformations.
They’ve both shaved off weight—literally and figuratively. They’re more mindful about taking time for rejuvenation, and they understand the importance of being around people who are encountering the same obstacles as they are. Growth is no longer challenging or stressful—for them, it’s a path to their future.
Stayed tuned for Year 3.