10 Of Our Favorite Great Leadership Quotes
The extraordinary entrepreneurs whose names we’ve committed to memory are all remarkable leaders. They had or have a clear vision of a new, different, and better future for themselves and those around them — sometimes a vision so far-reaching that it first changes their business, then their industry, and then, the entire world.
These leaders also have extraordinary passion for what they’re trying to achieve and for each step along the way. Everyone they need to make their vision real is excited and solidly on board for the adventure.
Another truth: There’s a pitfall many entrepreneurs encounter along the way. They believe that because they’re a great leader, they must also be a great manager. That couldn’t be further from the truth.
There’s absolutely no shame in being a great leader without a management bone in your body. The biggest change-makers are the entrepreneurs who let others run their companies for the betterment of all, themselves included.
Words of the wise — 10 great leadership quotes.
We’ve pulled together a collection of great leadership quotes that rank high on our list. Have a look and get inspired to take your game up a notch!
- “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter F. Drucker
- “People buy into the leader before they buy into the vision.” John C. Maxwell
“People buy into the leader before they buy into the vision.” John C. Maxwell
Click To Tweet
- “A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” Rosalynn Carter
- “A leader is a dealer in hope.” Napoleon Bonaparte
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader.” John Quincy Adams
- “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” John C. Maxwell
- “Great entrepreneurs provide direction that gives others clarity, confidence, and greater capabilities.” Dan Sullivan
- “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” Bill Gates
- “Be someone worth going ‘all in’ for.” Ronen Gafni
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” Steve Jobs